Black Australorp possibly a rooster? :(

zivaC

Chirping
5 Years
Feb 15, 2014
Hi everyone :)

My chook, Lucky, whom I thought was a hen, is starting to behave a little aggressively. When I come to pick 'her' up, she pecks my arm and pretty much squeezes it tightly for a few seconds before letting go. It hurts!!!! I always thought she was a girl but now that she's nearly 11 weeks she's starting to behave a little different. Her sibling turned out to be a rooster too! I keep saying "she" coz I always thought it was a girl!

What do you guys think? Here's some photos.

That would be a cockerel... In fact, 2 cockerels.... 11 weeks is too early for a pullet to have such a red comb, and HIS (lol) behavior is spot on for a roo... Don't let him do that to you if you plan on keeping him; train him by "pecking" him back and get that biting under control before he gets too much more aggressive ;)

That would be a cockerel... In fact, 2 cockerels.... 11 weeks is too early for a pullet to have such a red comb, and HIS (lol) behavior is spot on for a roo... Don't let him do that to you if you plan on keeping him; train him by "pecking" him back and get that biting under control before he gets too much more aggressive
wink.png
x2 "She" is a he.

:( ****! The two eggs that my silkie hatched just had to be both roosters! What luck! We aren't allowed to keep roosters here where I live :( kinda sad coz I got pretty attached to ️Lucky :( she....I mean he....has an interesting survival story hence the name. Saved his life as he nearly died as a chick.
SO UPSET!!!! :( if only roosters weren't so noisy then I'd be allowed to keep at least one!

:( ****! The two eggs that my silkie hatched just had to be both roosters! What luck! We aren't allowed to keep roosters here where I live :( kinda sad coz I got pretty attached to ️Lucky :( she....I mean he....has an interesting survival story hence the name. Saved his life as he nearly died as a chick.
SO UPSET!!!! :( if only roosters weren't so noisy then I'd be allowed to keep at least one!

Bummer; he's a nice looking cockerel... It's not odd that Lucky survived a near death experience; boys are notorious around our place for surviving odd things; I think they must just be tougher from the get go lol... Sorry Lucky isn't "lucky" enough to be a pullet :(

Back
Top Bottom