Black Australorp? What do you think?

PiecesofAmber

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 18, 2012
Eastern Shore of Maryland
I have chicks for the first time, and like many others, I'm trying to identify them. Here's a pic of what I think is a black Australorp. Do you agree?
Also...what would the black and gray speckled one be? I'm having a hard time with this, going between a couple different sites. I got the meat and egg combo from McMurray, it's their egg layers, broilers, and that's with a couple of rare breeds thrown in. Here's another pic:
I know I have a buff cochin, a golden polish, but the gray ones I'm having trouble with. Doesn't the one in the pic above look blue? Maybe a blue andalusian? In the background are the yellow and gray and black ones...columbian wyandottes? Please Help! :)

Last edited:
Check out my little golden Polish! He's adorable with his little afro. :)
love.gif

OK..so now I think they are silver sebrights! Wow... this is fun, but challenging. There's one chick left that I'm not sure about. It's a small white one with a few gray spots. I'll know someday. :)

OK..so now I think they are silver sebrights! Wow... this is fun, but challenging. There's one chick left that I'm not sure about. It's a small white one with a few gray spots. I'll know someday. :)

You are going to have fun watching them develop to know for sure what breeds you have. Enjoy those cute chicks!

Back
Top Bottom