Black bantam breeds

Devastating

In the Brooder
Feb 10, 2015
South TX
Out of our current adult birds this pair of black bantams are the only ones I don't know the breed of for sure. I thought they might be Minorca but do those come in bantam size? Their tail also looks different. Could they be leghorn?

They are iridescent black, single comb, white earlobes. Pics I took yesterday of the rooster and his matching girl:

Where did you get these birds? I think they have the wrong body shape to be Dutch Bantams. It is possible that they are just poor quality Dutch Bantams, or bantam Minorcas.

These were just from an assortment of bantams at TSC last spring, so no telling where they came from. My dad saw a pic of white faced black Spanish and claimed that's what these were, I thought no way! but now that I look at it, his earlobes are pretty big.

if it helps at all, the girl has just gone broody. My parents found her sitting on a clutch of 3 while clearing out the other section of the coop building. Later I saw her go back into the chicken coop, lay a new egg and then she tried to nest with it and a Red Star egg that had been previously laid in that nest box.

Didn't realize that it can take a while for the white face to show up, I did some image searching and there are many bantam photos look almost exactly like these, so good chance they are white faced blk Spanish. How cool! Never had this breed before. Thanks all for the ID help

Back
Top Bottom