Black Box in lower right corner

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by tiki244, Sep 22, 2012.

1. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Can anything be done about the black box in the lower right hand corner of the screen? It sits there and tries to 'play' something I think because there is a white circle that keeps going around and around. I have dial up and cannot see any videos on here and this annoying black box is really slowing things down. I have tried to close it but whenever I do it goes full page on me and causes more slowness. Thanks

Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
  2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

I haven't seen any "black boxes" in any of the browsers I've used. Can you take a screenshot of what you see and post it here?

3. linuxman

linuxman Out Of The Brooder

Jul 2, 2012
    It may be a pop-up ad. Do you have a pop-up blocker?

4. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    Oh my gosh, that is exactly what I am dealing with and it is driving me NUTS! Is there anything that anyone can do about this box? It is very annoying and is making me unable to access BYC forums!

5. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    I will ttake a picture and get it on here as soon as possible.

ps At this moment the box is not showing itself :th

6. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    Hey, I clicked on it and it played an advertisemant, then I hit the *back* (<) button (assuming everyone understands what I am poorly describing) and when I went back to the forum that I was in, I didn't see a black box! Maybe ya just have to listen to it's stupid advertisement. But that worked for me!

7. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    :thumbsup Well I was having a lot of trouble with it yesterday. Maybe it thinks I watched it too because I don't see it today. I will take a picture if it comes back. I did have to do some unblocking when I installed the new Flash so I will check that too. Thanks

8. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

We don't have anything like this running (that I know of) so if someone can take screenshots, provide as much detail as possible, we'll do our best to track it down and remove it!

9. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    I took screen shots but then it followed me to another photo editting site. So,,,, I deleted my history, cache, cookies and reinstated my pop up blocker. I think this is what the problem was. I had to unblock it to get to the photo editting site, but I am not using that site anymore.

OK its back. I will post the pictures.

10. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    [​IMG]

When I double click on x to close it it does this

[​IMG]

My computer just freezes then because it is old and doesnt have the capacity to play videos

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by