Black Cochin Cockerel in Atlanta Area

SeaSea47

Songster
7 Years
Mar 12, 2017
Hi, I have a black Cochin cockerel (6-7 months old) available to a good home. He is a great protector for my hens already and more gentlemanly than my other guys have been, but I currently have too many boys for my flock and have decided to downsize a bit after a death in my family and focus more on raising ducks. I can provide more pictures and videos if necessary.

Attachments

• IMG_6880.jpg
    IMG_6880.jpg
    303.5 KB · Views: 1
Hi, I have a black Cochin cockerel (6-7 months old) available to a good home. He is a great protector for my hens already and more gentlemanly than my other guys have been, but I currently have too many boys for my flock and have decided to downsize a bit after a death in my family and focus more on raising ducks. I can provide more pictures and videos if necessary.
Hi! Im curious. Is he sweet? Noisy? Thanks! its pretty far from where we are, could be intrested in him though!

Hi! Im curious. Is he sweet? Noisy? Thanks! its pretty far from where we are, could be intrested in him though!
He is noisy. Haha. And he was sweet, but...here's my issue. I have too many boys at the moment, and I think that's making him uptight. He's never gone after me or anything, but he is very anxious at the moment because of the other boy. They are constantly chasing each other off certain hens. He's not been handled much, though he will eat out of my hand occasionally.

He is noisy. Haha. And he was sweet, but...here's my issue. I have too many boys at the moment, and I think that's making him uptight. He's never gone after me or anything, but he is very anxious at the moment because of the other boy. They are constantly chasing each other off certain hens. He's not been handled much, though he will eat out of my hand occasionally.
Does he crow a lot and aggressive mate? Thank you. :D

Does he crow a lot and aggressive mate? Thank you. :D
He does crow a lot, but I don't know how much is a normal amount! haha. Plus, he crows at my other roosters a lot, so it's hard to know how he would be on his own. He's actually not too aggressive with mating, but he does sometimes stand on the girls for a minute after he's done and I was told her that's common and just a sign of dominance? I am very new to roosters. My Hamburg boy is far more aggressive mating with the girls.

He does crow a lot, but I don't know how much is a normal amount! haha. Plus, he crows at my other roosters a lot, so it's hard to know how he would be on his own. He's actually not too aggressive with mating, but he does sometimes stand on the girls for a minute after he's done and I was told her that's common and just a sign of dominance? I am very new to roosters. My Hamburg boy is far more aggressive mating with the girls.
Okay! Sorry if it sounds like im asking A lot. A video of him crowing for a idea would be nice. Its just a 15 hour drive there for us one way, which i would totally be up for, but id like to make sure i know what he acts like first before i make a choice!

Okay! Sorry if it sounds like im asking A lot. A video of him crowing for a idea would be nice. Its just a 15 hour drive there for us one way, which i would totally be up for, but id like to make sure i know what he acts like first before i make a choice!
Ask as many questions as you want! I really just want to make sure he has a good home where he'll be treated well, so I'm more than happy to help. Do you know how I can send you a video? I actually one of him crowing on my phone. I've gotta work for a couple of hours, but I can send it to you after that if I figure out a way. And I'll tell you more about him too.

Ask as many questions as you want! I really just want to make sure he has a good home where he'll be treated well, so I'm more than happy to help. Do you know how I can send you a video? I actually one of him crowing on my phone. I've gotta work for a couple of hours, but I can send it to you after that if I figure out a way. And I'll tell you more about him too.
Oh no rush whatsoever! Yes, youll have to post it to a site like youtube and copy the link and post it here. :)

Back
Top Bottom