Black Copper Maran breeders in WA

HI!

You can see some photos of some of my birds on my website at www.pinksmarans.com . I haven't udated in a while and no longer have a couple of breeds but still have the ever lovely Marans. Unfortunately, no one is laying right now!!!! For crying out loud this has been the longest break they have taken ever. I swear. LOL!
I have molters everywhere.......first everyone went broody and or tried to raise chicks and now blamm-O molt.
I hope they snap too it soon....I miss those Marans eggs. :)

I am looking for about 4 BCM pullets. I bought eggs and had them hatched last spring and got 2 roos and one pullet. hatched on June 1st. The pullet didn't start to lay until first part of January. Her second egg came out in a egg enclosed in a real graney sack type thing. I contacted the people I got the eggs from and he said it sometimes happens. I got one other egg after that the eggs are not dark at all and today the hen looks real puney and her hindend is really wet. What should I do? Thanks for the help. All my other chickens are just fine, coop nice and dry always oyster shell in dish.

Hi,

Our family lives in Issaquah, Washington too! We have 4 young Cuckoo Marans hens. We're interested in buying a rooster for breeding and helping to keep the hens in line.

I noticed that your post was a few years old, but thought it was worth checking anyway. Would you happen to have a rooster for sale, or, if not, could you point us in the right direction to find one?

Warm Regards,

Matt Willis

I only have French Black Copper Marans, so cannot help with the Cuckoo's. I have noticed though that our local feed store had Cuckoo chicks, and so maybe it might be worth looking at your local feed store to. I am in the Mount Vernon Burlington area. I have also seen pictures that show you how to sex Cuckoos at a young age. Apparently one has much more white than the other, but I do not remember which. Sorry! good luck finding a nice roo!

I am in DuPont, WA near JBLM and we are looking for 1 Light Brahma chick that is definitely a hen. We currently have 3, Three day old chicks in the brooder (our first) and these will likely be our only chickens until these pass on. Sadly the 2 Light Brahma's we ordered did not make the trip from MPC. We were traumatized at that and would like to get our replacement somewhere local where we can pick it up. Has anyone found any breeders in the area?

Westcoast or any others... do any of you have any older BCM or Splash chicks or young pullets, even laying hens available for sale?

Back
Top Bottom