Black Copper Marans and Splash Laced Red Wyandotte cross

Hssnider73

Chirping
Apr 13, 2020
Hello all.

so I’m hatching some Black Copper Marans that were shipped to me right now and I always stick a few of my own eggs in the incubator when I hatch eggs I’ve purchased so I have a ‘control’ group if you will. If they all have hatching issues I’ll know it could be my methods or my incubator vs just having issues with the purchased eggs.

Anyways, I put a few of my Splash Laced Red Wyandotte eggs in there because I was curious. She is covered by a BCM rooster right now until I move her. I’m wondering if anyone else has hatched or seen this cross.
I can’t wait to see what the chicks feather out to.

I had a BCM over my BLRW hen and my Silver Laced wyandotte hen. I have a few more rounds of eggs from them to hatch, but the first hatch has yeilded black chicks with the traditional BCM yellow/white markings at the eyes, beak and wing tips. At a week old the one I held back from sale (wing sexed hen) appears to be from my BLRW hen as it's showing dark red leakage on the wings. I'll try to add a photo tonight. I was excited because I expected them to remain all black as it appeared the BCM genes took over.

I had a BCM over my BLRW hen and my Silver Laced wyandotte hen. I have a few more rounds of eggs from them to hatch, but the first hatch has yeilded black chicks with the traditional BCM yellow/white markings at the eyes, beak and wing tips. At a week old the one I held back from sale (wing sexed hen) appears to be from my BLRW hen as it's showing dark red leakage on the wings. I'll try to add a photo tonight. I was excited because I expected them to remain all black as it appeared the BCM genes took over.
Here's our little almost 2 week old pullet. BCM X Blue Laced Red Wyandotte.

Attachments

• IMG_9604 2.jpg
    IMG_9604 2.jpg
    361.8 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_9605 2.jpg
    IMG_9605 2.jpg
    284.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_9601 2.jpg
    IMG_9601 2.jpg
    441.4 KB · Views: 52
Hello all.

so I’m hatching some Black Copper Marans that were shipped to me right now and I always stick a few of my own eggs in the incubator when I hatch eggs I’ve purchased so I have a ‘control’ group if you will. If they all have hatching issues I’ll know it could be my methods or my incubator vs just having issues with the purchased eggs.

Anyways, I put a few of my Splash Laced Red Wyandotte eggs in there because I was curious. She is covered by a BCM rooster right now until I move her. I’m wondering if anyone else has hatched or seen this cross.
I can’t wait to see what the chicks feather out to.
I have a mystery cockerel from a hatch of my own ... I believe he's from my splash red laced wyandotte x either a blue birchen or a black copper marans hen. I can't remember which egg he hatched from. He's blue, and getting russet in his feathering but has no lacing. Also getting some copper in the hackles, and definitely the wyandotte comb. His legs are pinkish, indicating to me he may be from my blue birchen hen. I'll get a picture :). I'm considering keeping him just to see what he grows into.

I have a mystery cockerel from a hatch of my own ... I believe he's from my splash red laced wyandotte x either a blue birchen or a black copper marans hen. I can't remember which egg he hatched from. He's blue, and getting russet in his feathering but has no lacing. Also getting some copper in the hackles, and definitely the wyandotte comb. His legs are pinkish, indicating to me he may be from my blue birchen hen. I'll get a picture :). I'm considering keeping him just to see what he grows into.
Unfortunately all my BCMxsplash LRW all ended up being cockerels so they didn’t stay here permanently. They had a rose comb from, some feathers on their feet from BCM dad and were mostly black with an insane amount of leakage all over. No lacing at all.

Unfortunately all my BCMxsplash LRW all ended up being cockerels so they didn’t stay here permanently. They had a rose comb from, some feathers on their feet from BCM dad and were mostly black with an insane amount of leakage all over. No lacing at all.
This guy went to the processor in June ... sounds very much like yours. Leakage but no real lacing. He sure was pretty :)

Back
Top Bottom