Black Copper Marans chick.... why is this chick brown?

I bought six baby chicks, three yellow, three black, and they were pullets. They are now about the size of nerf footballs. One of the yellows died and I replaced it with a chicken that will look similar to an americana. I was told that this baby chick with the brown skunk line running down its back would lay beautiful dark brown eggs. The other two are Rhode Island Reds, but the three black ones is what my question is about. Two of them are turning brown from the back of the head down the neck. I can't figure out what they are? The third one is all black still. Any idea? I can tell you one thing, I wanted bared or plymouths, and I was told they would be bared rocks, but I am not seeing any stripes???? I still love them though, I go in and talk to them every evening, and they turn their little heads and look up and listen.

Thanks Charisse

If you don't know what kind they are, I'm going to assume that the color change is due to their species. Whatever it may be. If you really want an answer, you should probably make a new thread so your question is on the first page. People are going to start posting answers to this first post now.

Back
Top Bottom