Black Copper Marans...cockerel?

:lau If ugliness is a sign, then you've convinced me . But he will be beautiful. I'm much happier now I've found out if they're raised together it may work . I have such a soft spot for it, and of course this was then malpositioned saddle cell piped at wrong end rescue mission I did.
Sounds wonderful. Ugly in a good way. They become very handsome ones they get all their beautiful feathers. But don’t give up hope he/she might surprise you :D

When does that tend to come in. This is my odd little creature. I can’t see any copper in the wings or back but clearly feathers are still coming through. Poor wee thing is at a very ugly stage
Probably within a couple of weeks when those pin feathers grow out, looks ok so far but I have been surprised before. I have five right now and 3 turned out to be cockerels I was sure there were 3 pullets but didn’t happen.

I vote pullet. I have a BCM hen, she never got the copper neck feathers just all black. Besides her comb and black face she looks like my black australorp. She lays beautiful large mahogany colored eggs.

Back
Top Bottom