Black Copper Marans discussion thread

that thread is NOT about MG. someone was told they could prevent MG in hatching eggs so a wholesale conversation was started. it is an incubation page! ask the question in an incubation thread will get you the answers you are looking for.

i have a new little chick that I hatched. I was expecting my chicks to all be black, this one is silver colored. Does anyone know what color my silver marans chick will turn out?

i have a new little chick that I hatched. I was expecting my chicks to all be black, this one is silver colored. Does anyone know what color my silver marans chick will turn out?

Could it be a cross? White is often dominant so an accidental breeding could result in a white/yellow chick. If it came from pure bred marans, it is rarer but it could be a recessive white/white sport?

Anyone want to hazard a guess as to sex?

MALE.

Female left maybe? Not sure on the right one.

MALE

female? top, FEMALE bottom
Sorry, not such great pics.

Potential breeders......What do ya 'll think?

The middle boy is a blue copper, correct? Or is the photo lighting just really off? Are these pictures of 2 roosters or 3? It's really hard to evaluate without a level side shot photo. Do not breed #3 though, he has white legs instead of slate! Besides that he is gorgeous to me, even has the lovely copper ears that elude me!

that thread is NOT about MG. someone was told they could prevent MG in hatching eggs so a wholesale conversation was started. it is an incubation page! ask the question in an incubation thread will get you the answers you are looking for.
Mahalo. I've been reading for what seems like hours and now I'm more worried than ever. I think I will just relax, set the eggs next week, and see what happens. With initial humidity 35-40%, candling/weighing/drawing air sacs on shells at days 7,14, and 18, and up the humidity to I'm not sure what yet but I'll know when I get there. BTW, did you get my photos of the blue coppers in PM?

Mahalo.  I've been reading for what seems like hours and now I'm more worried than ever.  I think I will just relax, set the eggs next week, and see what happens.  With initial humidity 35-40%, candling/weighing/drawing air sacs on shells at days 7,14, and 18, and up the humidity to I'm not sure what yet but I'll know when I get there.  BTW, did you get my photos of the blue coppers in PM?

did I not reply??????? maybe I did and the system crashed.or.my phone. that happen way too much. pm me again the middle of next week. I will look at them again. I don't have a computer or internet right now. that will soon change.....we are moving slowly, but soon internet to come.......

Mahalo. I've been reading for what seems like hours and now I'm more worried than ever. I think I will just relax, set the eggs next week, and see what happens. With initial humidity 35-40%, candling/weighing/drawing air sacs on shells at days 7,14, and 18, and up the humidity to I'm not sure what yet but I'll know when I get there. BTW, did you get my photos of the blue coppers in PM?

They will be OK, just keep an eye on the air sac more than anything else!

Thanks for the replys, I've got some better pics… Top pic is pretty obviously 2 Cockerels. Not a bad thing as my son really wants to replace our current alpha. He has too much gold in his hackles, I'm not to keen on the idea as he is the best Roo I can ever remember having…nice to the ladies AND the chicks, never, ever takes a run at me… I like him.

The BCMs in the background I'm thinking Cockerel…any guesses on the OEs in the foreground? Not really the thread for it, but I know a lot of you have OEs as well as Marans.

I'm not completely certain that the next 2 pictures are of the same chick…It's in the exact same spot, white feathers at top of neck seem to be in the same spot…but the comb looks different to me. I'm feeling like Pullet in the first pic, then cockerel in the next??

This one I feel certain is a Pullet, shame she's got such a dark eye.

Back
Top Bottom