Black Copper Marans discussion thread

I think there are 3 or 4, which would be perfect out of 13. I think there's a lot of pullets, and a few boys to choose from
Well played sir. Well played.

All I can do is take her at her word, she said they were bred separate. If it is a blue copper, I will set up a separate pen, but would advertise them as such when I sold them
I trust this breeder to breed separate. I can also understand brooding them together. This breeders blue copper Marans lay some of the darkest eggs I have ever seen.

I trust this breeder to breed separate. I can also understand brooding them together. This breeders blue copper Marans lay some of the darkest eggs I have ever seen.

Awsome! I am on her waiting list for Blue Copper and Black Copper. I would love some real dark eggs! I also would have liked some splash but she said there wouldn't be any chance of splash at this time.

Last edited:

I didn't order blue, but I'm not opposed to it, either. I'm glad to know that there needs to be a distinction made when selling if you are running both colors together. I don't like to be dishonest about my birds

I was wondering if there is such a thing as a lavender marans, I have this rooster that came from a bcm egg, it has well feathered legs, but the color looks more like lavender than blue. I believe it was a cross between a lavender orpington roo over a black copper hen. Any thoughts or comments are welcome.

I was wondering if there is such a thing as a lavender marans, I have this rooster that came from a bcm egg, it has well feathered legs, but the color looks more like lavender than blue. I believe it was a cross between a lavender orpington roo over a black copper hen. Any thoughts or comments are welcome.

You can get blue, black and splash marans all from eacho other. I keep a breeding pen with a mix of all three.

The first pic are a couple of roos from wade Jeanne / bev Davis / and greenfire, and the second one is pure greenfire. Some of them are a little frostbit on their combs from a cold snap here in Wisconsin. I seem to like the two in the first pic better than the greenfire bird. They don't have the halo in their hackles that I've seen a lot of in other marans.

Back
Top Bottom