Black Copper Marans discussion thread

his feet are light slate at the top front and pink/white at the rear and toes.

i don t see any sprig it is not a excellent around end but no sprig for sure.

We are dealing with a French champion here .So we have to observe properly and compare what we see to a French standard.is they chooks in the end of the day.

chooks man

I finally found some French Copper Marans close by so I'm excited. I'm 99% sure that we have 3 cockerels and 2 hens. I've also heard that it is sometimes hard to be sure until they crow so let me know if you agree. No crowing so far. I've posted pics. It's hard to get good pics of all f them at the same time so I only have separate pics of 2 of the 3 cockerels.

Do you agree? 2 girls/3 boys?

Thanks! Susan

Myself I would rather have a little of the Flame effect going on in the Hackle . I fail to see anything that looks to be a Sprig.

If you use a Male here in USA with white Shanks and feet you will get mostly culls.

Last edited:
I finally found some French Copper Marans close by so I'm excited. I'm 99% sure that we have 3 cockerels and 2 hens. I've also heard that it is sometimes hard to be sure until they crow so let me know if you agree. No crowing so far. I've posted pics. It's hard to get good pics of all f them at the same time so I only have separate pics of 2 of the 3 cockerels.

Do you agree? 2 girls/3 boys?

Thanks! Susan

Yes, two girls and three boys.

I don t see t as sprig. like I said before it s not excellent at the rear but not sprig . he will not loose point ah the show.because of the ruff texture .

if he had a sprig he will be disqualify . NOT a CHAMPION.

sprig is a disqualification and they are strict about t.

Chooks man

Back
Top Bottom