Black Copper Marans discussion thread

I just lost my husband 8 weeks ago to pancreatic cancer he had chemo for 18 months.  Is was very hard on him and me.  He lost about 70 lbs.  Went from 160 to about 90 lbs when he passed.   Good luck and prayers for your mother.   

Oh I'm so sorry to hear this. Cancer seems to have touched so many. Maybe someday they will find an easy cure. Options better then chemo or serious surgery.. :(

Hello,

I have two 12 week old FBCMs that I hatched on May 18th. The eggs came from a local breeder and thus far they have very little to no copper, I know she tends to have over melanized hens that she places for layers. I want mine for layers, so that doesn't really bother me. I am hoping that they are both pullets but I have heard FBCM are hard to sex so I thought I'd come over to the thread.

Carrie

They all look like pullets, The tails and some reddish feather on the neck will show earlier on them its a roo, The one out 4 FBCMs I got last year showed the difference immediately @7 weeks, protective & bigger, I wanted to keep him since he was very gentle and beautiful but I can't due to zoning. Needless to say he was rehomed in a beautiful free ranged property that we can visit from time to time.

I do hope so, this waiting and seeing bit of chicken owning can be excruciating!

These are the eggs my Marans hatched out of, although I don't know which two they were! Out of the six Marans eggs I had five hatch. Not bad for a first-timer!

CArrie

I do hope so, this waiting and seeing bit of chicken owning can be excruciating!

These are the eggs my Marans hatched out of, although I don't know which two they were! Out of the six Marans eggs I had five hatch. Not bad for a first-timer!

CArrie

The brinsea bators sure do make it a lot easier to succeed. My first hatch was in the same bator, I had a 92% hatch rate with marans, orpingtons and a few F1 olive eggers.

Back
Top Bottom