Black Copper Marans discussion thread

ADOZENGIRLZ:.... Where have I been?? Loaded question... short answer... through the ringer... Totalled my car... (My husband did it) It has been an insurance nightmare:

UG>>> Well lets have a look at these... I am soooo far behind in this post I doubt I can catch up in a week but if ya all don't mind posting again I will weed my way through it.. Srry guys.

Quote:
Aw, bummer. I hope your husband is okay. We missed you.
smile.png

Quote:
Are you looking for silver black or blue birchens? I will look for some at the show as well and try to get the contact info. I might be getting some in a few weeks as well if the guy's birds cooperate for him LOL!

Yes Math I remember about the sussex and delawares lol. You want heritage types right? Not just sq... or both?

Quote:
So sorry...to ask this but I can't remember...does this mean that I was right or I was wrong?
smile.png

These were your guesses over time:

TAG Hatch date pinkchick's 1st guess pinkchick's 2wk/3wk guess
1 1/18/11 F unsure
2 1/18/11 M M
3 1/18/11 undecided F
4 1/18/11 F F
5 1/18/11 M M
8 1/18/11 M M
green 1/25/11 F F

Quote:
Yes with clean legs!

Its hard to see from those pictures, but the legs aren't clean. Right now the fuzz is the same rust/copper color as the legs. Supposedly they came out of some very dark eggs, and he claims the roo is one of his BCM. I do believe he has one non BCM roo though it's not allowed near the BCM hens. I'll see if I can find out what breed it is.

Last edited:
Quote:
In my mind they should be one of the same . . . The standard was written with the Dual purpose in mind.
The BARN should be the same for heritage and show quality. . . . The painting is where the show quality might be picker. . .

If I had to choose - - - Show Quality would be my choice.

THANK YOU
hugs.gif
I wish I could go, but I just can not do it this year . . .
hit.gif

Quote:
I would like to point out
gig.gif
that # 8 could get a side job as a dust mop with the feathers on those feet
gig.gif

I LOVE
love.gif
the FEATHERS - -- I've got a couple like that. . .

I think they could REALLY WALK ON AIR ! ! ! !

Quote:
I would like to point out
gig.gif
that # 8 could get a side job as a dust mop with the feathers on those feet
gig.gif

I LOVE
love.gif
the FEATHERS - -- I've got a couple like that. . .

I think they could REALLY WALK ON AIR ! ! ! !

yuckyuck.gif
Aren't they remarkable?! I think #8 is a roo though.
sad.png

I was so excited when I found this thread. I've been in Marans for about a year and love them. I'm down to two BC roo, one import and one wade jean, and one BC hen that just started laying 3 months ago. I want to get a flock of Blues going as well but I need to build my BC flock back up. I'll have to post some pictures tomarrow.

Back
Top Bottom