Black Copper Marans? Who's got'em

Yes, Jim Cox is who I bought them from...seems like a very nice man from my emails with him. West Virginia if I recall. I got 6- blue rock eggs from him as well. I hear so much about barred rocks being so great but I wanted the blue. You'd think by now I'd have enough blue....but obviously I don't...lol

He sent me an asst of lovely eggs and I have hopes for a good hatch. It's only day 9 so it's quite early and some are too dark for me to candle.

I found a breeder who sold the golden cuckoo marans along with the other types her prices range from $50-$70 a dozen for the eggs I inquired about. I am on a list, same as the good barnevelder stock from someone else. Anyway to make a long story short I found thru feedback hunting Jim had bought stock from the ppl I am on the waiting list for...lol. So seeing that I bought eggs from him because I couldn't wait...lol. My goal was the golden anything else is just an extra delight!!!

After my bator eggs hatch I will decide what I NEED next. Although the other half got laid off and that could cool my jets considerably if it is indefinite.

Julie
smile.png

No but he will email you pics. I met him and got some of his black maran and blue, mine were with a birchen roo.
here is his email <[email protected]> He told me I could give it to the people on BYC he was or is a member but I don't know his signiture.
sylvia

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom