Black dots on Comb

juliemcummings

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jun 26, 2012
A few of my chickens have black dots on their comb and Waddles.
It is just a dot right now it doesn't look like what they are showing in the pictures of Avian Pox, but I wonder if its just the beginning. I'm going to try to figure out how to post a picture, but for now does any one have any ideas?

Last edited:
I know these aren't the best pictures...but does any one know what this is or what I can do about it.

If it is Avian Pox what do I do about it? how did they get it? this is my 1st flock... Am I doing something wrong?

Actually it looks like they just got pecked and there's a little scab. But watch it carefully because I could be wrong. If they start to pop up everywhere then you know it avian pox. Your not doing anything wrong. And as far as I know you just have to let it run its course. Good luck.

That actually could be right, I have a rooster (who doesn't have any black spots) who has just recently started to go after the Hens. I'm actually giving him away today so we'll see if the spots go away.
thanks so much for the help

Are there alot of mosquitos where you are??? I have the same problem with my flock, but they look alot worse! I was old there mosquito bites and nothing you could really do!?!? I have been looking on here for answers as well. Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom