Black face gene. Sapphire gem hen & EE x buff chantecler cross roo

Mar 7, 2020
220119095531.jpg
I am working on making my own breed right now I do know I want black faces comb and waddle. Mostly right now I am curious how everyone will guess the chicks will come out. I have less than 14 days and I just can't wait. Smarshmellow is an EE X buff Chantecler roo. Sapphire is a Sapphire Gem.

Black Face is not that uncommon on Extended Black/Birchen hens. The rooster will just inhibit such pigment with it's sex linked dermal inhibitor.

So far the Mulberry/Gypsy Face on chickens(for example Sumatra, Birchen Games) is not fully understood and have not been documented, but it has been connected with the Birchen and Extended Black e allele

Black Face is not that uncommon on Extended Black/Birchen hens. The rooster will just inhibit such pigment with it's sex linked dermal inhibitor.

So far the Mulberry/Gypsy Face on chickens(for example Sumatra, Birchen Games) is not fully understood and have not been documented, but it has been connected with the Birchen and Extended Black e allele
Don't forget Silkies also carry Gypsy Face.

Don't forget Silkies also carry Gypsy Face.
They don't. They carry Fibromelanotic.

Ayam Cemani most certainly carry it since they carry just about every single melanizer possible. Silkies are just black due to only two combination, sex linked dermal enhancer id+ and Fibromelanotic FM. Cemanies carry so many melanizers, melanin boosters and enhancers it's quite amazing.

Last edited:
They don't. They carry Fibromelanotic.

Ayam Cemani most certainly carry it since they carry just about every single melanizer possible
My Silkie crosses get dark faces, so they must carry Gypsy Face. Mainly the females. I know they carry the Fibromelanistic gene.

My Silkie crosses get dark faces, so they must carry Gypsy Face. Mainly the females. I know they carry the Fibromelanistic gene.
Depending on the type of crosses, they should have either black skin(females) or Gypsy face(famles) due to the dosage effect of the single Sex linked dermal inhibitor Id and Fibromelanotic

Depending on the type of crosses, they should have either black skin(females) or Gypsy face(famles) due to the dosage effect of the single Sex linked dermal inhibitor Id and Fibromelanotic
One of the Ancestors of the Silkie chicken, is the black Sumatra, so they should carry Gypsy Face.

Yeah, my White Pullet Ghost has a small amount of dark skin on her face, she was from a back crossing for my Giant Silkie project. She's Silkie/Brahma(Father yellow Skin) X Silkie.

One of the Ancestors of the Silkie chicken, is the black Sumatra, so they should carry Gypsy Face.

Silkies are much Older than what is called Today Sumatras. They originated in China around 200 BC during the Han dynasty. The Silkies and Ayam Cemani share the same Fibromelanotic mutation and it has been dated to about 6,000 Years Ago

Silkies are much Older than what is called Today Sumatras. They originated in China around 200 BC during the Han dynasty. The Silkies and Ayam Cemani share the same Fibromelanotic mutation and it has been dated to about 6,000 Years Ago
Well, that's one of the things I found when searching the Ancestor of the Silkie chicken, & black Sumatras came up.

I found what you're talking about with the Cemanis, which also makes sense. So Silkies, could be from both Cemani, & Sumatra from what I'm seeing then.

I think we may have went alittle off topic.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom