1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Black head?

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by flapjackfarm, Jul 4, 2016.

1. flapjackfarm

flapjackfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

I've been noticing stool like this in my poultry pen (see below). The turkey still seem active, have an appetite, and are as inquisitive as ever. I had kept my chickens and ducks separate from my turkey until they all figured out how to get into one another's pens. Now they all mingle. Does anyone have insight? And if it is suspected black head, what should I do? Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. BoomChickaPop

BoomChickaPop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2016
    Relaxing with my Buns
    I have never raised turkeys before. But I have seen that poop so many times from my chickens. It doesn't mean their sick or anything.
    My chickens will poop that same poop and act normal eating drinking active etc. It just happens once in a while.

Here is a link about poop what to look for
    http://www.the-chicken-chick.com//search?q=poop

Hope this helps

BCP

3. flapjackfarm

Thank you. I'm a bit of a worrier, so I started to see the mustardy yellow and panicked a bit!

4. BoomChickaPop

Jan 24, 2016
    Relaxing with my Buns
    That completely fine!
    We all panick when we walk into the pen and see odd looking poop lol We think are bird is dying but turns out there fine.

BCP

5. flapjackfarm

Yes! It's a little unnerving. I'm just glad I found this forum. I have asked so many questions on here. I just started keeping poultry last year, so new things still come up!

6. BoomChickaPop

Jan 24, 2016
    Relaxing with my Buns
    What birds do you have so far?
    We have been raising chickens since 2010 and now have over 100!!!

BCP

7. flapjackfarm

We have 12 chickens, 4 ducks, and 3 turkey. I would like to get a few more chickens and ducks next year, but we'll see!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by