Black, hole-shaped scabs on the back of my Duck's knees??

I was asking if they go out of the brooder because they could get into something if they wander around the house or yard. I don't think they ought to go outside yet.

Does it appear as if there is anything in there? Is there anything sharp that is that height in the brooder? Has anyone else handled the ducklings?

Sometimes really strange things happen. Just trying to find out what this is. It seems like an allergic reaction if the swelling is increasing that rapidly.

Last edited:
my oldest was hatched on jan 20th. my other two a week later. my oldest is just now getting his quilled feathers. as we speak hes soaking in a warm bath.. ive been doing the salt compresses, but i might try to soak him like you said in a bucket.the swelling and discoloring isnt that bad, im thinking it will heal on its own if i keep him clean. the left leg is scabbed up and not swollen at all, the skin went back to a dark orange color instead of being inflamed. the right leg is a little black-ish discolored on the skin, and its a bit "smushy" so to say. but its not as bad as it was. should i just keep what im doing?

Yes, I would keep up with what you are doing.

And I want you to know I am impressed with your care for your ducklings. When I am trying to help, sometimes I get focused on the duckling and the problem and I may sound brusque. So if I do, please accept my apology.

hugs.gif

And please keep us updated.

they seem to be doing a little better, hopefully that lasts... here's a video of them today at bathtime.

Back
Top Bottom