Black Java hatching eggs/6 eggs + extras

Just letting yall know that I have 16 Black Java eggs doing great on day 14.
Now that will tell you how good the shipping and eggs are.
As to the broodies!
th.gif
All my slw's are and I get home today to a Turkey hen growling at me when I was collecting eggs.

Oh my that sounds like around here !

Yesterday I had 1 broody Buckeye hen, and 1 broody Java hen...I planned to put the 2 in one coop alone...then when I went to move the Buck broody, found 2 were actually in the nest box.
th.gif

So I moved both, one decided she wanted an upper nest box in the new coop (11" off the floor and she would settle for no diferent)
So in they went once they saw each had a clutch of warm eggs (1 doz each!!!!!!!!!!!)
Then I went & got the Java...screeeeeeeeeeeeeeming...and her clutch of 11 eggs & moved them to the new coop...and stuck her eggs in a corner fruit box, all snug & dark..and she ate and ate & did not want to set....fially she set & all is well....BUT the 2 broody Buckeyes are in cahoots...when the upper one gets off to eat & poop, she gets back in the lower box with sister............so her eggs will go cold cept I installed the "broody cam" today...so I can watch.
And if she does not get back on her eggs, I can go get her & put her on her nest.
So far, only had to do that 1 time...............
th.gif

My Buckeyes that are not broody are going to the show, and the ones that are broody are sitting tight, and so I had to pull the Buckeye egg ad !!!!!!!!!!!!
he.gif
It will be interesting to see what happens when all 3's chicks hatch.............I may have to intervene !
he.gif

Spring has sprung !!!!!! So far only 1 Java has gone broody & I still have alot of Java hens laying...so far!
gig.gif

Hey Robin quess what I have running around and hatching today!?
wee.gif
jumpy.gif

I have one OE out a few Black Javas so far. They are so cute can't wait for them to finish hatching and to be dry so I can see them really good.
I'll keep you posted, but it looks like all 16 are going to hatch of the Black Javas so thanks very much for a great pack job and good fertile eggs!
hugs.gif

So Far I have 15 out and 1 to go.
Thanks so much for The extra eggs and they all just about hatch! The best hatch on shipped eggs this year! Worth every cent spent on your hatching eggs.
thumbsup.gif

I messed up my incubation and got 1 Java chick :( I'll have to wait a couple weeks, as I'm about to fill my incubator again tomorrow, and I'll check to see if you're still offering eggs so I can get more. My development in the eggs was GREAT. I only had 3 make it to lock down though. All 3 pipped, but only one hatched.

I think it was a humidity issue.

Hello:

I've looked at Javas for several years, and I'm not crazy about black chickens, BUT that being said, Javas seem to have such a shine to them that they are beautiful black colored.

Can you please give me more information on them? Do the roos get mean as they get older? Do the set well? Are they insistent setters?

I have some predatory birds in the area. Can they withstand that pressure?

Thanks.

Hello:

I've looked at Javas for several years, and I'm not crazy about black chickens, BUT that being said, Javas seem to have such a shine to them that they are beautiful black colored.

Can you please give me more information on them? Do the roos get mean as they get older? Do the set well? Are they insistent setters?

I have some predatory birds in the area. Can they withstand that pressure?

Thanks.

There are several different colors of Javas - black, mottled (black/white), white, and auburn.

I just picked up my first Javas from the breeder last week. Her Java rooster was nice, the overall breed is supposed to be quite friendly. The breeder gave me 2 boys as extras - they are about 2 months old. They get along well together and are quite nice to us. We pick them up to move them back and forth between their temporary lodging in the garage and their temporary play pen in the yard and they snuggle and act great.

Since Javas are large, I imagine that they can adapt to the stress of predators - we've got hawks & owls here at our place as well as low flying vultures and the 2 guys haven't had any freak outs or anything with the birds flying over so far.

I messed up my incubation and got 1 Java chick :( I'll have to wait a couple weeks, as I'm about to fill my incubator again tomorrow, and I'll check to see if you're still offering eggs so I can get more. My development in the eggs was GREAT. I only had 3 make it to lock down though. All 3 pipped, but only one hatched.

I think it was a humidity issue.

Oh what a bummer !
hugs.gif
Well give me a hollar when you are ready.

Back
Top Bottom