Black Jersey Giant Pullet or Cockrel?

I have 3 Jerseys myself, and until this thread was a little concerned about if I might have a roo. They are almost 3 months of age and none have the beginnings of a wattle or comb yet. I purchased them from TS and one girl is noticeably bigger than the rest...always has been. She is rivaling my 6 month old orpingtons and dominiques in size.

We ordered Black Jersey chicks from Mcmurray Hatchery, they came as little yellow chicks, they are a month old now, but we were on the internet and I guess they are supposed to have come with black feathers, understandably so, I think they sent us the wrong ones. Will the color change? Thanks

There are white jersey giants, but I would recommend calling and asking them what they sent. Might be too late for them to fix it though if its been a month

There are white jersey giants, but I would recommend calling and asking them what they sent. Might be too late for them to fix it though if its been a month
Def. call MMM. They won't take away the white chicks and send you black, but they will give you your money back at the very least. I have found their customer service to be very responsive in the past.

I finally have chicks for the first time . when can you let them out to coop all the time I hear diff. answers..one I hear 5weeks no longer...any help would be great ...thanks

I'm trying to determine if this dude is a BJG? He (I assume by comb and attitude) is 6 weeks

** turns out he is an Austrolorp

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom