Black Jersey Giant thread!!!!!

Pics

Here is my chick in ? Tail and side view dose this help with anyone being able to tell if she is a he ?????
pics are kinda dark but I'd guess pullets both

Maybe you guys can tell me if this bird is a boy or girl. My nephew has named it Sparky and while the other chicks in the group have already combed or wattled enough for me to tell, this one just isn't giving me much to go on. The only thing I can see is that it's face is more red than the white leghorn hen but doesn't have as much of comb and wattle as the wellsummer cockerel. They wree hatched out on April 11th, so they are four months old.
pullet

My Blue Splash Jersey Giant I got last week. Counting his comb he is around 26-28" tall. He is a little over a year old.
he is so Handsome!! Never seen @ blue splash giant thanks for sharing what breed and how old is the chicken behind him just curious for size comparison and how is his temperment ?

he is so Handsome!! Never seen @ blue splash giant thanks for sharing what breed and how old is the chicken behind him just curious for size comparison and how is his temperment ?

The hen behind him is a Jersey Giant hen that someone had advertised on Craigslist that I just got. They must have been hatchery stock because they were no where the size of mine. Then hen in the picture is a year and a half old. My rooster is a gentle giant. He has not once tried to attack me. I can go up to him and just pick him up.

The hen behind him is a Jersey Giant hen that someone had advertised on Craigslist that I just got. They must have been hatchery stock because they were no where the size of mine. Then hen in the picture is a year and a half old. My rooster is a gentle giant. He has not once tried to attack me. I can go up to him and just pick him up. 

When you say hatchery stock, do you mean those bought from places like McMurray?

Back
Top Bottom