Black Jersey Giant thread!!!!!

Pics

WhiteLeghorn2

Songster
6 Years
Aug 8, 2013
I've seen many, many, many people who have been wanting to have a Black Jersey Giant thread!
smile.png
Including me!
wink.png
Anyways, if you'd like, just post pictures of your giants, or tell a little bit about them!
highfive.gif
It's all in good fun. Go!

exactly, we made the same mistake when we started with chickens! But to each his own, a lot of folks don't like eating chicken after a specific age. I like the flavor they have at an older age and the texture I like better, just my opinion!

I personally love them. I grow clover, alfalfa, oats, and a few other grasses in the run for them and they hunt n peck very well. They are quite relaxed birds. Just got complimented twice today about them. Haven't seen any aggression yet. They are alert but not flighty. Overall friendly birds.
As far as maturing later... I'm in no hurry. If I get in a hurry I can always order a bunch of cornish cross or freedom rangers. But I kind of like the thought of keeping this breed around. I have never eaten one of these so I don't know if it's worth the wait or not but I'll probably keep some around as pets even if I don't care for the meat.

Hello, another jersey giant lover here!!!!

I love the breed mine are only 32 weeks or so, still no eggs from my girls, but as long as they keep a smile on my face it looks like they will stay!!

One of my Jersey Giant roosters streatching. I just had one hatch right now! I can hear him in the incubator. I have been waiting all day for him to come! I am having a few more that will be here soon!

Back
Top Bottom