Black Liquid Coming from Nose and Mouth

No. I can put my finger up a bottom and deal with severe bleeding (we had a raccoon incident years ago), but I can't cut anyone open. Our girls are pets. Not sure what the vet would charge.

No. I can put my finger up a bottom and deal with severe bleeding (we had a raccoon incident years ago), but I can't cut anyone open. Our girls are pets. Not sure what the vet would charge.
You could send her into a lab instead of doing it yourself if you wanted.
So did she pass?

I understand. If you think you might want to have a vet necropsy her, call these places in the morning:
If the price is affordable, ask them for their FedEx number and packing/shipping instructions.

This is how I pack & ship mine:
How to Send a Bird for a Necropsy in California

So sorry for your loss. :hugs

You could send her into a lab instead of doing it yourself if you wanted.
So did she pass?
I think she did, but the reason I am confused is that she is not turning pale. Her comb still is red and dark purple. But she is stiff. But she was turning stiff before I thought she had passed. This is very strange.

I have a hen, not sure of age because she is a rescue. She seemed fine yesterday. She's been funny about eating her treats, but sometimes she's picky. This afternoon I noticed that she was not out with the other girls betting her treat. I look in the coop and she is still in there. I did not notice that she did not come out this morning because I was in a rush to leave.

I look in on her and her head is hanging, she feels cold and ridged, her comb is half black or dark purple, and she is wet on her chest. I pick her up and he has a black liquid coming out of her nose and mouth. She is very skinny, but I did not notice her seeming ill. She has a lot of feathers and is not one that likes to be touched, so I did not see anything wrong with her until now. Any ideas on what is wrong and what to do?

I held her beak to toward the ground for a minute to drain some of the liquid and massaged her crop, it feels like it's filled with fluid.

The poultry vet is an hour away, and I don't think they are even open, and we are having car issues.
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP AND SUPPORT.

I think she did, but the reason I am confused is that she is not turning pale. Her comb still is red and dark purple. But she is stiff. But she was turning stiff before I thought she had passed. This is very strange.
Oh ok.
So sorry she passed. :hugs
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP AND SUPPORT.
Your welcome!

Back
Top Bottom