Black sex link gender?

How can you tell?
The coloring is 'linked' to the sex. That's why they are called sexlinks. Males are black at hatch, with a spot of white on the back of the head. They feather in black with white stripes. Females are black at hatch, some may have a bit of white on the throat or chest. They feather in black with some gold.
IF the birds pictured in this thread really are black sexlinks, they are all females.

They have barely any tail feathers and the ones they have are curved, also have pink in the:idunno comb and waddles which the others do not have.
The coloring is 'linked' to the sex. That's why they are called sexlinks. Males are black at hatch, with a spot of white on the back of the head. They feather in black with white stripes. Females are black at hatch, some may have a bit of white on the throat or chest. They feather in black with some gold.
IF the birds pictured in this thread really are black sexlinks, they are all females.

Last edited:

I have two black sex links different from all the others they have barely any tail feathers the one that they have are curved also they have pink In comb and waddles they are 3 weeks can you help me?

I have two black sex links different from all the others they have barely any tail feathers the one that they have are curved also they have pink In comb and waddles they are 3 weeks can you help me?
Feathering rate has nothing to do with gender. Male specific feathering develops at about 10 weeks, and take several more weeks to be clearly visible.

For black sexlinks, you can tell the difference at hatch. Males hatch with a spot of white on the back of the head, indicating the presence of the barring gene. Only the males can inherit that gene.

I got my chicks at 1 week old and now they are 3 weeks old, I was wondering when I could tell the genders

Back
Top Bottom