Black sexlink pullet 26 weeks and not laying yet

CinnamonQueen

Songster
7 Years
Nov 2, 2012
Texas
All of my other chickens laid an egg earlier than 25 weeks. She has been squatting for at least a month now, and her comb looked bright red yesterday. Are black sexlinks just late bloomers or should I be worried? Since they are supposed to be egg producers I would think that they would lay early.
Thanks!

She will lay when she's ready and not a day earlier.

I had to wait 8 months for my Speckled Sussex to lay. You just have to be patient.
smile.png

Mine are 20 weeks and I don't think they will be ready any time soon. I didn't see any laying signs so far! :(

She will lay when she's ready and not a day earlier.

I had to wait 8 months for my Speckled Sussex to lay. You just have to be patient.
smile.png

So how will I know if she just isn't ready or she might be a "special needs hen" that never lays?

It's been cooling down for the past month. They probably aren't being affected too badly by the heat by now. Like I said earlier, she is 27 weeks old now, so I have been waiting for a while.

Last edited:
I hope that I don't have to go through the rehoming or culling process- been there, done that with rehoming. I hope that the second time is not as hard as the first time. According to my family,If she doesn't lay, she doesn't stay.

Mine are 20 weeks and I don't think they will be ready any time soon. I didn't see any laying signs so far! :(

Finally, my black sex links lay eggs!!! They are 21 weeks old!!
celebrate.gif
The big egg on the back is fake, but the other two eggs are REAL!!!

Back
Top Bottom