Black Sexlink pullet...right?

Alycia

Songster
11 Years
Mar 16, 2008
This little girl was all that was left of someone's flock after they sent all their broilers to butchering. She was lonely, so at this passed chicken club meeting on the 17th of December, we took her home from another flock, quarantined her for a little bit and brought her into our flock, and she got along great with the rest! I am not sure how old she is. For some reason, 18 weeks sticks out in the mind from when we got her, so she is at least 20 something weeks by now, I think -- don't quote me. She looks like a Black Sexlink, I think. But is she is a pullet? I am pretty sure she is, I named her Eve...Please, tell me she is an Eve and not Adam! LOL!

IMG_0145.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

Sorry - Not a Black Sex-Link or a pullet. Notice the very pointed golden feathers coming out of the neck and the red feathers coming out of the shoulders - Both male traits. It is a mutt of some sort, and a cockerel.

I'm not sure on the sex - if depends a lot on whether you have the age correct. If, indeed, this chicken is 18-20 weeks of age, then I'd say pullet, but..... if it's more like 12-15 weeks, then I'd say cockerel (I don't see the pointed feathers that Illia does - can you post another pic - a sideview that shows her back and tail together?

As for the breed, I'd agree that it's most likely a mix.

I am going to take some more pictures of the little one. Thanks for your help so far, guys!

She hardly has any tail at all, which is kinda the funny thing.
lol.png

Last edited:
Quote:
I agree,
I will also add the there is some Gold (red) showing up in the wing bow. (a good indication that it is a rooter)

Chris

Quote:
I thought so
hmm.png
I looked up pictures and stuff but I don't know much about those kinds of breeds.

hm.. doesnt look like a sexlink to me. i thought black sexlinks had black legs?
and im sure they don't have gold anywhere other than their breast.

very cute though :)

Back
Top Bottom