Black sexlinks? Help!!

How are they with laying eggs and temperament? I have small children so I didn’t want aggressive chickens which is why I had originally picked the barred rocks because I heard they are docile. Also the bigger one (last 2 pictures aka poppy) has white under her face but is starting to get red around her neck... still a pullet? I was a little worried because her legs are super thick and I heard that’s a sign of a cockerel? I’m new so I obviously don’t know if that’s true
Their temperament is friendly/docile.

They're duel purpose, used for both meat, & eggs.

They lay 300 large brown eggs a year.

Their temperament is friendly/docile.

They're duel purpose, used for both meat, & eggs.

They lay 300 large brown eggs a year.
Oh wow! A lot of eggs! Ok thank you! I’m not super picky about having the perfect breed just some nice birds that we can get eggs from. Even after they stop laying they will be family pets and live out their life here 🐣 thanks for the info and help!

Oh wow! A lot of eggs! Ok thank you! I’m not super picky about having the perfect breed just some nice birds that we can get eggs from. Even after they stop laying they will be family pets and live out their life here 🐣 thanks for the info and help!
They're kind of a production cross breed.

You're welcome.

Okay, will be looking forward to see pictures of the chicks.
You're welcome.
This one wasn't too keen on getting a photo shoot.
71677.jpeg

I have 2 black sex linked. And yes they look like that.

Black with orange color sprayed over the upper chest. Easy to spot. They are kind of interesting.

Back
Top Bottom