Black silkies

Maybe something like this?? I dunno. I guess in all my years with silkies, I've never seen a yellow silkie yet.
A new project color lol! That yellow might be hard to get though
jumpy.gif

I have 3 silkies 1 black 2 yellow Im thinking about mating them any suggestions on how it might be???
Im not sure what you would get... I am assuming the yellow is Buff ? If you are breeding for standard color you would want to breed the black to black or to blue or splash for those colors. I dont know much about buff but think buff to buff . when you mix they you can get an interesting array of colors but not necessarily proper colors for the standard. Just depends on what your goals are breeding.

I was going to say buff two. but I would not mix buff with a black. it's not going to turn out the right color. your going to have one half of it buff and the other side black or some other color. I can tell you this much that it is not going to turn out to be a standard color. that is if you are showing your chickens. but if you are not breeding them for showing then it is not my place to give you this type of advice.

Last edited:
I have to share this photo of our sweet blind silkie who was a temporary foster mom for a tiny Serama chick. The chick is owned by a fellow BYC member, who I had never met, and had reached out for help via BYC. This little baby is named Bee, short for Bumblebee. Doesn't it resemble the recent photo in this thread?
degyma8a.jpg

y2epesy8.jpg

I have to share this photo of our sweet blind silkie who was a temporary foster mom for a tiny Serama chick. The chick is owned by a fellow BYC member, who I had never met, and had reached out for help via BYC. This little baby is named Bee, short for Bumblebee. Doesn't it resemble the recent photo in this thread?
degyma8a.jpg

y2epesy8.jpg
Oh my, that has got to be the pretiest marked lil chick I've ever seen!!!
love.gif

That is amazing LittleCritters!!! Yes, it does look like the house shoes - beautiful chick, and a gorgeous special Momma!!!

Back
Top Bottom