Black silkies

Quote:
There are a number of genetic books, and several silkie books as well. There is a new book on silkies by Sigrid van Dort; you can order it through the club website.

I tried finding the book on the ASBC site but no such luck...am I looking in the wrong place?

I don't know if they listed them through the online store but that would be a good idea. (never mind I know why its not in the store) If you email me or PM I'll send you the link where they say how much and how to pay.

80875_img_8521.jpg

Kasey08 -- They aren't as black more of a dark blue with steel gray under coat ( at least this is my experince ) Here is a pic of the wing on my pure black
53887_imag1278.jpg
And here is a pic of the wing the black produced in my BBS pen
53887_imag1282.jpg
The under coat of a pure black is black not steel gray . I have taken BBS blacks and bred them back to my P-Blk -- it takes 2 generations to get the P-BLK back . Their are many breeders that will say that BBS black are black . I really don't find this in my pen . When I say it is black I want to know that it will produce the same as it's self or better -- with a BBS black you never know -- unless you keep it in a BBS pen it doesn't matter . I hope this helps you ~~~~ Tammy

Back
Top Bottom