Black silkies

Black Silkies are my favorite my spring hatch of pullets are starting to lay. I will have eggs for sale if anyone is interested. _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Nankins--Silver Laced Wyandottes--Blk Silkies. Welch Pembroke Corgies---Barn Cats, are my reason for getting up in the morning.
smile.png

Last edited:
I have recently started a black pen, and I'm very excited about it. I love the blacks, and honestly didn't think it was gonna be such a challenge to find true black color.

Quote:
I started mine late Spring, and it took a lot of searching to acquire good blacks for the pen. They're finally laying the past few weeks, and I'm getting ready to set eggs from the pen today! Good luck with your pen!

Quote:
I started mine late Spring, and it took a lot of searching to acquire good blacks for the pen. They're finally laying the past few weeks, and I'm getting ready to set eggs from the pen today! Good luck with your pen!

Good luck with your hatch! I have a nice young cockerel and 4 black pullets, cant wait till spring!

my young blks are really looking promising !! Your right it is very hard to find pure blks - I started about a year ago on trying to maintain a strickley blk pen . I've always had blks but did what everyone else was doing useing them to improve my other color varietys . Now I raise only 2 colors -- blacks being 1 and partridge being the other . My black line is comming along really nice . Good luck on your venture -- KFchicklady hope you had a nice Thanksgiving and how are your buffs doing ? Good luck on your hatch --show us some picks please ~~ Tammy

I am looking for a few nice black silkies if anyone out there has a few that need a new coop
frow.gif

Quote:
Hi Tammy! Yes had a nice TG, hope everyone else did too, I have 13 buffs now, just going thru to see what cockerel gets to stay,
smile.png
I took pics of them yesterday after bathing friday, they and the blacks are my fave color. But those blacks are def hard to find, and Ive found theres no way of knowing how pure for color they are either when they hatch.
hmm.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom