black snakes

johnskoi

Songster
8 Years
Jun 4, 2011
Boydton, VA (relocated from Long Island)
My Coop
My Coop

just walked in after catching this guy with a goose egg pretty far down... caught him, have him in a pail (covered)... odds are that i'll be running into more ...anybody know how far i'd have to take him without the concern of him returning? ...

anybody have success with deterrants that are bird safe?

thanks, john

Take it for a long ride least 10 miles or more and it still may find its way back, don't kill it sorry you lost eggs and they will kill young chicks as well but they also kill rats and mice and poisonous snakes so they pretty beneficial.

Can you kill them?
only if i'm having a really bad day....

Take it for a long ride least 10 miles or more and it still may find its way back, don't kill it sorry you lost eggs and they will kill young chicks as well but they also kill rats and mice and poisonous snakes so they pretty beneficial.
WOW! i knew turtles had that sense of home, but i didn't realize snakes did too! ... the eggs i'll get over, the chicks'll have me peeved --- mice i'm fine with, NOT RATS...so i'll probably relocate this one --- it will be a neverending battle, tho.... very cool about them eating poisonous snakes -- i had no idea!!

A shot gun is a good deterrant... We have black snakes and copperheads here ive found them both laying together peacefully on the same bale of hay in my barn. Neither were eating the other
shoot before or after changing my underwear?
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom