Black Sores!!!

haveaniceday

In the Brooder
Apr 27, 2015
Some of my Jumbo Cornish Cross hens have these blacks sores. this is the worst one! Please help!! I have no idea what it is and the vet hasn't gotten back to me.

All of our Cornish chickens are hens, but we do have roosters in a different breed. They are about 4 weeks old. That sore is on the back right side of the chicken, kind of by where she poops.

Thank you! Someone had suggested maybe a staph infection? I tried googling it but didn't find anything that looked like that.

oh yeah that maybe it. our RIR rooster had big spures and when he would mate the hens he would make holes in there back. we had a RIR hen and she would go under the porch and just lie down right there we did not know if she wanted to lay eggs under there so we let her be. but the next day my mom told me to get her and she had a big hole in her back so when after we doctored her she died. so we take his spures of when they get to big.

What did you doctor her up with? I'd like to get this taken care of asap and willing to try anything! don't want the chicken to die and don't want the meat ruined!

What did you doctor her up with? I'd like to get this taken care of asap and willing to try anything! don't want the chicken to die and don't want the meat ruined!
we used hydrogen peroxide to clean, then applied povidone Iodine solution, and lastly we sprayed it with Blu-kote. We noticed a big difference after just a few days and she is healed up nicely! I hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom