Black Sumatra

Caseman

Songster
9 Years
Sep 22, 2010
Lexington, KY

I got 12 - 5 month old black sumatra chickens looks like 3 rooster 9 hens will sell 3 hens & rooster $50 or you take them all at $120 or will trade on OEG Bantams or make me an offer. If interested e-mail me at [email protected]
Sumatras are primarily an ornamental breed kept for their attractive plumage. Most often they are pitch black with a green sheen throughout the body and tail. The breed additionally comes in blue and white varieties. Males usually weigh between 4 and 5 pounds, and females weigh between 31⁄2 and 4 pounds. Hens lay about 100 white eggs a year. Both males and females have no wattles, and males often have multiple spurs. The breed is considered a primitive one; the Sumatra retains a strong flying ability, unlike most modern chicken breeds. The males will fight for dominance, but unlike most breeds, they usually do not fight to the death.
A unique feature of the Sumatra is that males have multiple spurs, with Sumatra sometimes having as many as 3 spurs per leg.

i am interested in your birds, but i was wondering if they where bantams, if not I was wondering if they where still available and if you would be willing to ship them at my cost?

Back
Top Bottom