Black To White Experiment

Pics
Done some digging around last night, & found absolutely nothing about environmental contamination changing the plumage of chickens.

Only thing I found related to contaminated environment affecting feather color, & that had to do with wild birds. They were like subjected to testing with contaminated food, & the food caused them to look more Dull in color.

I did find an interesting article though, I'd thought I'd share though. It's the only one that brings up environment, & Chicken Feather color genetics.
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1111/age.13156
It's a bit of a controversial study though.

You know, I started to write something, but it's really not worth the frustration. You are convinced that your way is the only way and will not be convinced otherwise, so I'm out. Enjoy your 'experiment'.
All I'm saying is I did some research on the subject, & what my results were in that search.

Didn't think that would make anyone frustrated.

You are convinced that your way is the only way and will not be convinced otherwise
Uhm, no. I don't know where this came from. The experiment is to prove, or disprove these theories, so I'm not 100% settled.

Last edited:
Starting to reorganize birds. Just added back a Heritage Plymouth Barred Rock Hen, & an EE/Brahma cross hen back to the Standard Coop.

So, feathersite actually has a page dedicated to birds that as they age turn more white. Interestingly from my experience my old Barred/Cuckoo (unsure which one he was expressing) as he aged his hackles became more cream less barred. Passed around 9-10 years old. My 10 year old kraienkoppe cross though (Red breasted colorant) hasn't really, just a few small spots on her head. Lemme see if I can find that feathersite page

So, feathersite actually has a page dedicated to birds that as they age turn more white. Interestingly from my experience my old Barred/Cuckoo (unsure which one he was expressing) as he aged his hackles became more cream less barred. Passed around 9-10 years old. My 10 year old kraienkoppe cross though (Red breasted colorant) hasn't really, just a few small spots on her head. Lemme see if I can find that feathersite page
These birds of mine aren't 6+ yrs.

Back
Top Bottom