Black Walnut Crosses (Any)

HomesteaderWife

Free Ranging
9 Years
Apr 24, 2015
Alabama
My husband and I recently cut up a beautiful Black Walnut log and had some rough cut pieces left over that we turned into wooden crosses. For the most part, they still have a very rough (I guess some would say "rustic" almost) look to them. They're put together simply and wrapped with twine around the mid-section.

Some Notes:
  • They currently do NOT have hangers on them, but I am more than happy to add a sawtooth hanger for you on the back if you like.
  • They're unstained/non-lacquered as it really takes away from the beauty of the wood to do so.
  • The dark wood matches well against light interior colors and Fall colors, and even looks good against a lighter wood like our Pine.
  • Rough cut pieces come straight from our sawmill - we repurpose leftover edges and cutoffs into artwork at every possible opportunity. You will notice dips and imperfections, as this is the outer edges from where it was either ran through with a chainsaw mill to start, or the first cut offs from the sawmill. It gives character to the wood and makes them each unique.
  • 6 crosses total - 1 lb 5 oz give or take as far as weight.

Measurements and Price:
Cut to be around 2 ft tall, 1 ft wide.
Asking $20 plus shipping (as they're pretty heavy being Walnut wood). We can compare shipping options based on your location and packaging to find the best option via USPS.

IMG_8502.jpg
IMG_8503.jpg
IMG_8504.jpg
IMG_8505.jpg
IMG_8506.jpg

Back
Top Bottom