Blackjack 57 vs Rustoleum Fibered Black Coating

Jjones0517

In the Brooder
Apr 13, 2022
Hi Everyone

My local hardware store can't get BJ57, but can get Rust-Oleum for my coop floor. I am trying to compare every detail of the two but in all honesty, I really don't know what I should be looking for. The Rust-Oleum doesn't mention rubber but everything else seems to line up. Guy behind the counter said it was the same, but I told him I would go to the internet to make sure it would work.

Can anyone offer some expertise?

Hi Everyone

My local hardware store can't get BJ57, but can get Rust-Oleum for my coop floor. I am trying to compare every detail of the two but in all honesty, I really don't know what I should be looking for. The Rust-Oleum doesn't mention rubber but everything else seems to line up. Guy behind the counter said it was the same, but I told him I would go to the internet to make sure it would work.

Can anyone offer some expertise?
I used neither.
Two coats of Behr Porch and Floor paint has held up just fine. And I got an "Oops" can for $5. That's hard to beat

Why not get the cheapest, and most likely the ugliest rolled vinyl flooring from Lowes or Homer D. I used a couple tubes of adhesive to glue it to the subfloor. It's been flawless. I glued it down before building the walls.

Attachments

• IMG_20190302_164444213.jpg
    IMG_20190302_164444213.jpg
    366.6 KB · Views: 4
I used deep litter - no floor at all.

Except in the raised coop, where I used Hardiboard instead of plywood.

/and to answer your question, I've used blackjack on timbers set into the ground, but never the Rustoleum. Sorry. Blackjack would not be my first choice in a coop, its so much petroleum product, as a fiber reinforced asphalt.

Back
Top Bottom