Cant Find Blackjack #57 Locally

BKirkland

In the Brooder
Apr 6, 2023
Virginia
Morning all,

So I'm almost done with the coop and the girls are more than ready to move outside. That being said, I have tried I can not tell you how many stores looking for BJ57 locally for the coop floor. Even Amazon can't get here in a reasonable amount of time and the cost through Amazon is pretty high compared to what my local stores say they sell it for (just no one has it in stock and it wont be in for several weeks or it has to be special order). Is there a good alternative to BJ57 that you all recommend for me to use on the coop floor? I would prefer NOT to use linoleum but I'm up for any recommendations.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I don't know of an alternative that has been thoroughly vetted on here. You could go with porch or barn paint instead - not quite the same but it's made to stand up to a bit of wear and tear and many folks on here use it.

I don't know why Black Jack 57 seems to be harder to find right now. Lowes used to carry it but it doesn't appear to be there any longer. If you have an Ace Hardware they can possibly order it. Looks like Walmart might have it too?

Unfortunately I don't know of an alternative that has been thoroughly vetted on here. You could go with porch or barn paint instead - not quite the same but it's made to stand up to a bit of wear and tear and but many folks on here use it.

I don't know why Black Jack 57 seems to be harder to find right now. Lowes used to carry it but it doesn't appear to be there any longer. If you have an Ace Hardware they can possibly order it. Looks like Walmart might have it too?
I called every single ace hardware, true value, tractor supply, lowes and home depot in my area and not a single store had it. Ace had a shipment coming but not for a couple of weeks unfortunately and I'm hoping to evict these girls from my laundry room before then. I've seen so many similar products but they just haven't been vetted enough for me to trust them. I've started to consider the porch/ barn paint but I like the idea of the blackjack better. Wish me luck someone might get it in stock sooner rather than later!

I called every single ace hardware, true value, tractor supply, lowes and home depot in my area and not a single store had it. Ace had a shipment coming but not for a couple of weeks unfortunately and I'm hoping to evict these girls from my laundry room before then. I've seen so many similar products but they just haven't been vetted enough for me to trust them. I've started to consider the porch/ barn paint but I like the idea of the blackjack better. Wish me luck someone might get it in stock sooner rather than later!
Best of luck! Maybe you can still move the birds out, but keep the floor covered with a tarp temporarily to keep it clean so you can apply the Black Jack without issue once you get it. It does need time to cure (plus a second coat + more curing) but maybe you could set up something temporarily in a garage or shed to house the birds for a few days (like a dog crate or exercise pen) to finish the process?

Back
Top Bottom