Blah blah blah chickens

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Chickeninabiscuit, Sep 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chickeninabiscuit

Chickeninabiscuit New Egg

Sep 22, 2011
    Thanks for nothing.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  2. GoldDogsMom

GoldDogsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2011
    Indiana, PA
    maybe there is no one online that can answer your questions...I know I have posted issues and didn't get a reply until evening...

3. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    WHAT?! What's up? [​IMG]

4. Amigo

Amigo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2011
    Your house!
    I couldn't find any answers for you, I tried though.

5. spish

spish De Regenboog Kippetjes

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    wow, not even 10 minutes has gone by and your complaining nobodys answered?? maybe the people online had no answer....a little bit of patience goes a long way....id be miffed if no one had replied after 24 hours, but after just 10 minutes? come on!

6. OvertheHenHouse

OvertheHenHouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2011
    San Diego
    I can't answer your question but wanted to let you know that there's a lot of information specific to your antibiotic question in the archives. Do a search on the antibiotic you're looking for and you should see 9 pages of posts that reference it.
    Good luck -
    Amy

7. Chick1043

Chick1043 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    Wait..What? :hmm

8. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    I just read your post, "Aureomycin crumbles for foot infection." Poultry foot infections are usually caused by staph infections if it's bumblefoot. Surgery to remove the infection, or use of Tricide Neo will eventually clear the infection up over time. If it's not bumblefoot, penicillin G procaine injections is the drug of choice for foot or leg infections. Gout can also cause foot swelling as well as in joints, mostly in older birds. A change in diet will prevent gout.
    Aureomycin soluable powder and/or aureomycin crumbles wouldnt be effective for a bacterial infection in the foot. The following is what both products treat: Air-sac infection, MG, E-Coli, fowl cholera, bacterial pneumonia, bacterial enteritis, shipping fever.
    I've used aureomycin soluable powder to treat E Coli but it was too late, the bacteria had overwhelmed my rooster.

9. klmclain1

klmclain1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    You really can't expect everyone to be here all the time. Sometimes you just need to be a little patient for the person who has the answers to logon. Also, if you would do a search first, there's usually a ton of information already posted on this site. I know it can be cumbersome, but it may be your fastest result. Please don't be mean.

10. Snowygirl

Snowygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Mirkwood
    WHAT??? did i do something? i've posted things and nobody answered. i'm sorry that you're upset.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by