Bleeding from mouth EMERGENCY

hotmamaj

Hatching
9 Years
May 20, 2010
Buckeye
My girl has been brooding for about two weeks, she will go out and eat and drink when I make her,
This morning while trying to get her out of the laying area she was upset pecked and squaked, then started to bleed from her mouth. Husband told me to set her down outside the coop area.
(Nothing looks broken bent or no injuries)
She then wanted in the running yard. she seems ok but I am concernd about what this is.
We have had higher temps this last week 100+ and looking at 109 today.
I have been puttin ice in the water for them. Change water 2-3 times a day no scratch has been given in about 1 week but the do get oyster shells and feed,also I feed garden veggies at early Am and Pm when it is cooler, Like carrott tops, lettuce and watermelon
any Ideas.... help
She Is a Buff orpington about 8 months old has been laying (I think ) in the past about 3 Lbs give or take. If we have to cull her then I need to know so Husband can get to it.

Last edited:
Thanks will do so far so good she is eating and drinking ok, hanging out with the other girls, she had to go back to the laying boxes.... Got a real good look at her beak and eyes and all looks good,
Thanks for your help
J

Back
Top Bottom