bleeding from rear

MNmommy

Songster
10 Years
Mar 14, 2009
central MN
a couple of my chickens have had runny poop but today one is bleeding and there is a fair amount of bloody bedding. It is bright red. she has also either pulled or lost a lot of her feathers around her butt. I don't feel any stuck egg. Do you think they have Coccidiosis? Just the one has blood 2 others are runny poop and the other 3 are fine. They are eating crumble/oyster shell/ treats like yogurt rice cooked eggs. what should I do?

thanks

Not sure what the problem is, but you better get that bleeding one away from the other birds. They will really go after her, when they notice it. I would cut back on the treats a little and stick to your feed. They may have had too much of something- giving them runny poo. Get her confined and take a close examination. Pics would be good. Good luck!!

Sounds like the others are pecking at it and causing the bleeding. IF that is the case, remove her quick or they will kill her. Do you have a pic you can post to let us see what you are describing?

ok I put her in a cage by herself for now. She also seems in pain. She is pulled into herself....

her are a couple pics

IMG_2533.jpg

IMG_2528.jpg

thanks

I gave her a warm bath and now she is wrapped in a nice warm towel in the house. She does seem like she is trying to push but I can't feel any egg anywhere. Did you end up losing your gal as well? I feel so bad for her and she is such a beautiful bantam golden laced polish and so sweet!!!!

iv never had this problem but after seeing ur post i had a scoot on the web so i could help you
that link is from an old post on this site if it help you out i dont mind dont the leg work
the only chuks iv ever lost was 2 batams when thay where young i forgot to shut them up early enoth and i payed the price and lost 2 of them i dont kno if it was rats or something else
all i can say is dont make the same mistake as i did bk then

maybe u can contact the poster of the topic mjane1 and ask

Last edited:
My hen is also bleeding from her rear and having a hard time having a bowl movement. She is still eating and drinking and I gave her a salt water bath.. What else can I do?

Back
Top Bottom