Blind baby chick

Pics
I just went to my grandma's and saw the quails and chickens that Blink hatched with and he was closer in size to the quails than the chickens. I assume he was just underdeveloped. I also found out my granny had to help him hatch out so really I think he didn't have much of a chance at all . Despite all that I am still glad I took him and made the end of his life a little better than what it would've been. This also makes me feel better cause I know now that there was truly nothing I could've done for him.

I just went to my grandma's and saw the quails and chickens that Blink hatched with and he was closer in size to the quails than the chickens. I assume he was just underdeveloped. I also found out my granny had to help him hatch out so really I think he didn't have much of a chance at all . Despite all that I am still glad I took him and made the end of his life a little better than what it would've been. This also makes me feel better cause I know now that there was truly nothing I could've done for him.
You were brave and did very well. Blinck was fortunate to have your support during his existence. :hugs

I just got a baby chick from my granny who is 5 days old today. Around 2 days ago the other chicks pecked its eyes out. My granny isn't sure if it ever had eyes because she said it's acted weird since hatching. The eyes are scarred over now. I set it up in a tub and am trying to get the temp to 95 degrees. I put some water in there with a sprinkle of sugar and have tried feeding it a mush of baby chick food and water. I'm unsure on how much and often it should be fed. My granny said it hasn't been eating and drinking well since it hatched. Any advice you have is really appreciated. I plan on calling a vet for more information Tuesday if it makes it pulls through.
I have a blind bantam. normally would. has fared well and lays eggs as normally would. She eats and drinks by sensing where her feeder and water is. She can not Gwen's for her self to find her way back into coup so I opted to make her a house chick. She has a good sized hen house in my lighten mudroom for the cold months. I the summer I try to get her out side in the fresh air to free range in my yard. She is about 2 years old now.

I have a blind bantam. normally would. has fared well and lays eggs as normally would. She eats and drinks by sensing where her feeder and water is. She can not Gwen's for her self to find her way back into coup so I opted to make her a house chick. She has a good sized hen house in my lighten mudroom for the cold months. I the summer I try to get her out side in the fresh air to free range in my yard. She is about 2 years old now.
Yes by the end of blinks life his eyes and sight were not my biggest concerns. I wouldve been willing to care for him his whole life if i needed. All of this has still been very educational and I will know better how to handle and care for chickens in the future.

Yes by the end of blinks life his eyes and sight were not my biggest concerns. I wouldve been willing to care for him his whole life if i needed. All of this has still been very educational and I will know better how to handle and care for chickens in the future.
I greatly admire your determination to do all you could to try to help little Blink survive and live a good life. You have a very special heart and will be a great asset to future birds under your care. I wish you much joy as you handle and care for your future chickens.

Back
Top Bottom