Blind chicken help

apower1010

Hatching
6 Years
Feb 11, 2013
Hello I was here a month ago with a sick chicken and we brought her in and fed her food and water and she just got worse and worse until afew days ago i gave her whey and she started to perk up now she is eating and drinking all on her own it is quite amazing after a long month. But here is the kicker we think she is blind as she runs into everything and when we put her out in the sun she just stays in one place until another chicken comes over to bully her and she runs off into things. When she is alone she runs into the wall and bushes and scares herself. It really is very sad but I am not sure she will will be able to live this way and I do not believe in taking lives. This is not my position. I know you all might say she would be better off but how do we know this for sure she seems fine and calm with us. Any suggestions? Anne
sad.png

You should PM AnimalsComeFirst She has a rescue that takes in blind, disabled hens.
She can help you with a blind hen. Give good advice.

She has had quite a few blind, half blind hens... Hers all live happy life's! :)

Back
Top Bottom