Blind duck has white dot on eye - what is it?

Alycea

Songster
7 Years
Jul 9, 2014
Couches, France
Our little BeepBeep has been blind now for almost 3 years. (She is 5 years old.) In the past couple weeks her eye has been oozing a little liquid and she is keeping it shut. I have been treating with antibiotics. In the past this worked, but not this time. No reaction to the antibiotic and she has been keeping her eye shut all the time.

Today I noticed that she has a protruding white dot on her eye. (I attach pictures.) If she were a human I would say it looks like a pimple or cyst.
Any ideas, suggestions, etc? First I have ever seen of this, but then Beep's is our only blind duck.

She is acting normal, chatty, feisty and so on. If it wasn't for the dot I wouldn't be worried.

We do not have an avian vet near us, let alone a vet that deals in birds of any nature. Our local vet is willing to 'give it a go'. (Example our eye antibiotic ointment is for cats and dogs.) So we are very very limited in what she can and will do for our ducks. I plan to take our little Beeps to the vet tomorrow to have it looked at, but figured I would probably have more luck here (as I usually do) by asking if anyone has any thoughts and suggestions. And then I can pass on to my vet if it makes sense. (She is always willing to learn.)

Thanks ahead of time.

Attachments

• 20210825_180609.jpg
    20210825_180609.jpg
    356.5 KB · Views: 57
  • 20210825_180545.jpg
    20210825_180545.jpg
    705.4 KB · Views: 27
From your description and the photos, it seems possible that BeepBeep may have a possible corneal abrasion or ulcer. They're typically very painful. If you can get Terramycin Ophthalmic Ointment and start applying it ASAP, it may help until you can get her in to see your vet.

Wishing Beep a speedy recovery.

From your description and the photos, it seems possible that BeepBeep may have a possible corneal abrasion or ulcer. They're typically very painful. If you can get Terramycin Ophthalmic Ointment and start applying it ASAP, it may help until you can get her in to see your vet.

Wishing Beep a speedy recovery.
Thank you FromFreedomNow. I have copied the information and ointment name. Here's hoping our vet has it to prescribe.

Back
Top Bottom