Blister on foot?

NDchickenlady

Songster
Sep 2, 2019
Northern North Dakota
Is this bumblefoot? It’s more of a blister. Not sure how to treat. I’ve soaked and used some Vetericyn

Attachments

• D6AEB801-F5D1-4FC1-9BC9-27611AE200F6.jpeg
    D6AEB801-F5D1-4FC1-9BC9-27611AE200F6.jpeg
    460.2 KB · Views: 10
I would treat that as bumblefoot. It may have started as an injury, splinter, etc. Soak the foot, open up that area on the bottom that is dark and swollen and clean it out. Most bumblefoot has a flat, dark colored, scab looking lesion, this looks more like it's just infected. Once it's cleaned out, another picture might help. Flush it well with chlorhexidine or diluted betadine. Fill the hole with plain neosporin or plain triple antibiotic ointment, cover with a bit of gauze or telfa pad, and wrap with co wrap or vet wrap to keep it clean and dry. Change the bandage daily, reapply the ointment when changing it. Once it's healing up, you can change it less often, but I would keep it wrapped and check every few days at least, until it's completely healed.

I would treat that as bumblefoot. It may have started as an injury, splinter, etc. Soak the foot, open up that area on the bottom that is dark and swollen and clean it out. Most bumblefoot has a flat, dark colored, scab looking lesion, this looks more like it's just infected. Once it's cleaned out, another picture might help. Flush it well with chlorhexidine or diluted betadine. Fill the hole with plain neosporin or plain triple antibiotic ointment, cover with a bit of gauze or telfa pad, and wrap with co wrap or vet wrap to keep it clean and dry. Change the bandage daily, reapply the ointment when changing it. Once it's healing up, you can change it less often, but I would keep it wrapped and check every few days at least, until it's completely healed.
Thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom