Blizzard of 2013!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by TAMMACLEAN, Feb 9, 2013.

1. TAMMACLEAN

TAMMACLEAN Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2012
    Maine
    I live in Maine and its nuts here. So far we haven't lost power...yet. I hope we don't since I have 4 dozen assorted eggs in the incubator. The wind is hollowing outside.

I will be shoveling a path to my coops so I can feed and water the chickens. I think they will get some warm scrambled eggs along with their fermented feed. I also think that some of them will be staying inside today. Some will go out into their covered run, which I will clean off.

Oh Mother Nature you are an interesting force to deal with. [​IMG]. This is my deck.
    [​IMG] this is the view from my window looking at my coops. And my truck.

2. Toast n Jelly

Toast n Jelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2007
    St.Charles, QC
    [​IMG] for you not to lose power. This is when living in the present is not applicable lol, we're heading towards Spring though and that thought should get you through this storm. Lots of luck to you and all the other people struggling with Nemo.

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Best of luck - stay warm and safe! Images coming off the TV of what you guys are going through is unbelievable! Take care!!

4. tdgill

tdgill Chillin' With My Peeps

if you need some traction on your steps, use some chicken grit or oyster shell :) all NATURAL :) great pics thanks for sharing! wish we had just a little of your snow. seems we just missed it

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by