Bloat?

PaigeDL

Chirping
Jun 17, 2019
Springville, AL
I had a 15 month old salmon faveroles. Today I noticed she was walking like she had a bowling ball between her legs. I picked her up and her abdomen was all bloated. She was also panting. I thought she might be egg bound which I’ve never dealt with before. I googled it and did what it said. I put her in some warm water to relax her and gave her some water with an eye dropper and lubed her vent. After a couple of minutes, I picked her up and wrapped her in a towel. She went into convulsions and died. I cut her open a little while later and gas rushed our and she deflated. What happened to her? Where did the gas come from? Why was she so bloated in the body cavity and not her intestines?

I had a 15 month old salmon faveroles. Today I noticed she was walking like she had a bowling ball between her legs. I picked her up and her abdomen was all bloated. She was also panting. I thought she might be egg bound which I’ve never dealt with before. I googled it and did what it said. I put her in some warm water to relax her and gave her some water with an eye dropper and lubed her vent. After a couple of minutes, I picked her up and wrapped her in a towel. She went into convulsions and died. I cut her open a little while later and gas rushed our and she deflated. What happened to her? Where did the gas come from? Why was she so bloated in the body cavity and not her intestines?
She could have a had a ruptured air sac.

Back
Top Bottom