bloated duck

It turns out Bob has Coccidiosis i got the Coccivet for him and he is starting to look a lot better already. Now i'm going to give the meds to all my ducks. I might have to sell a few of my ducks. I have too many in a yard which is pretty big but not really big enough for all of them, which might be why they are getting sick. Its just so hard to sell them they are my babies lol but i knew i wouldn't be able to keep all 10 of them. I think Margaret may have the same thing so i will see if the medication works for her.
Even though cocci isn't something we want for out flock but sure beats the alternatives that were mentioned, so thank goodness it can be treated so easily. Hope you see a big turn around and Margaret bounces back as quick as Bob has.

Yep indeed i'm extremely glad its something that is easy to treat (and not too expensive) lol. Thank you heaps to you and everyone for all your information. I know a lot more about duck diseases now and what to do if any of them get poisoned or anything which is really handy to know.

Yep indeed i'm extremely glad its something that is easy to treat (and not too expensive) lol. Thank you heaps to you and everyone for all your information. I know a lot more about duck diseases now and what to do if any of them get poisoned or anything which is really handy to know.
Keep us updated.

I have probably already asked this before but can anyone please tell me where would i get electrolytes for ducks? Bob is not doing as good today and still isn't eating much
sad.png
I thought i might put some electrolytes in his water. Margaret is a lot better though i think the swelling around her vent is starting to go down as well.

I have probably already asked this before but can anyone please tell me where would i get electrolytes for ducks? Bob is not doing as good today and still isn't eating much
sad.png
I thought i might put some electrolytes in his water. Margaret is a lot better though i think the swelling around her vent is starting to go down as well.
I found them at Feed store and also TSC. Bob's tummy may not be feeling so good because of the meds killing the cocci the electrolytes will help.

Last edited:
Alright thanks ill go into my feed store and get some very soon. The guy at the pet shop had no idea what i was talking about when i asked lol.

Apple cider vinegar has electrolytes in it, too. So does coconut water.

Does anyone here know if just a pinch of baking soda would be safe for ducks? Because you can make your own electrolyte drink, similar to this one from awomanshealth dot com
  • 32 ounces water
  • 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
  • ¼ teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/8 teaspoon high quality sea salt
  • 1-2 cups of fresh fruit

Im in Australia and i don't think there is a TSC here. But i'm sure one of the feed stores will have it. If they don't i will buy some apple cider vinegar and try that.

Back
Top Bottom