Bloated silkie! Help!

Use soft wet warm wash cloth, paper towel could scratch her eye. Make sure its a different area on the wash cloth for each eye. You could use an antibiotic eye drops in her eyes. Ask for it from the pharmacy, no prescription required.

The pharmacist couldn't give Me an antibiotic over the counter but showed me what h ha on the shelf. I got a Visine product that helps with itching etc. I will try that for a While and we if it helps. I did get a name of an avian vet close by an if I feel rich tho week I may bring her in. Seems a little over th top, but I could learn something new...I just hope after this is all over the other girls will let her back into the group!

I will check again, but I don't remember seeing anything of antibiotic nature. Can you send me some?? I would gladly pay you!:D

My poor bird I still bloated. I fed her last night and This morning her crop was still full. I am thinking be her muscles have been compromised and the whole crop has dropped like a Vagina after 10 kids or a hernia perhaps. I tried a sling made out of pet ace bandage to pull her crop up so it could empty into the next tract in the digestive system. Poor kid. I also gave her some cayenne in her food this am, thinking maybe worms might be complicating things. She got a bath this afternoon and a frontline treatment. She I without a doubt the cleanest chicken I have. Her eyes continue to matter and I keep washing them and wash them out with drops. I could sure use some kind of antibiotic! If anyone knows where I can get some for her eyes, I'd appreciate it.

The same, no worse No better. Her crop stays bloated looking. I don't know if any food is going through since she's not pooping. I may call a vet today and see if they will give me some info over the phone. I tried binding her crop up in case it had dropped so low food couldn't make it into the p...and I massage it. I hear some gurgling and if I'm not careful she throws up some. She's alert and feisty. I don't know what else to do.

I have considered opening her up to empty out her crop in case there is a blockage of some sort in there. If it's a muscle issue that won't help tho. What are your thoughts? It's been over 2 weeks now. I can't continue tube feeding indefinitely.:/

Back
Top Bottom