Blond Emus?

I've been seeing a few pics and posts on various sites showing "blond emus" and "white emus." One site mentioned that they are the same mutation, the blonds being heterozygous and the whites being homozygous. I guess it is inherited the same as B/B/S in chickens, which would make the blonds equal to blues, and the whites equal to splashes. Does anyone here have any? I'd love to see more pictures. And I haven't been able to find prices listed for them, though I expect them to be rather high. By the time I could have any, I'm sure they will be much more reasonable.

:)

~Chris
we sell whites and blondes in missouri

Aquaeyes,

I'm embarassed. I've forgotten a word. It describes animals that are 'blonde' through lack of pigmentation, but not albino. The last time we had this discussion, I searched the Net, and found a wonderful photo of a 'cream' emu -- but I can't upload it because . . . it's already uploaded here somewhere! Can anyone tell me how to find it? or how to re-upload it? It is a very very good photo.

P.s.: I have also seen, out here where I live, a remarkably dark emu, almost black. Again, pigmentation.

Supreme Emu
pheomelanin is lacking melanin for color. Melanin is an organic pigment that produces most of the color seen in mammals. Depending on how it is created, melanin comes in two color ranges, eumelanin (producing dark browns and blacks) and pheomelanin (producing light reddish tans and blondes)

Aquaeyes,

I'm embarassed. I've forgotten a word. It describes animals that are 'blonde' through lack of pigmentation, but not albino. The last time we had this discussion, I searched the Net, and found a wonderful photo of a 'cream' emu -- but I can't upload it because . . . it's already uploaded here somewhere! Can anyone tell me how to find it? or how to re-upload it? It is a very very good photo.

P.s.: I have also seen, out here where I live, a remarkably dark emu, almost black. Again, pigmentation.

Supreme Emu
try renaming it

Aquaeyes,

Supreme Emu

Here is my blond female and white male. We will have eggs and chicks from them available soon. Should start laying for the season any time.
Whites have blue eyes and no dark feathering at all. Blondes have light brown Carmel eyes and you can see little dark feathers mixed throughout their light feathers. They are much lighter n color than the standard brown ones. Much more rare, so they do tend to cost more. Have a great week guys, Tina

Attachments

• 8C49DA0B-F88E-4D5E-84D6-57E950BD9E91.jpeg
    8C49DA0B-F88E-4D5E-84D6-57E950BD9E91.jpeg
    601.9 KB · Views: 5
  • E9BF3373-9109-46C1-8A10-8A7F34A7A342.jpeg
    E9BF3373-9109-46C1-8A10-8A7F34A7A342.jpeg
    831.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 4DF7770D-C835-41C4-8E0B-43BDC66C5980.jpeg
    4DF7770D-C835-41C4-8E0B-43BDC66C5980.jpeg
    882.8 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom